Yosemite Farm Credit is proud to support the Farmer Veteran Coalition. The Farmer Veteran Coalition (FVC) is the nation’s largest nonprofit organization assisting veterans-and currently serving members-of the Armed Forces to embark on careers in agriculture. FVC began in 2007 with the mission to mobilize veterans to feed America. FVC helps veterans returning to farm with everything from financing to marketing. Click here to learn more.
As part of our mission to support rural communities and agriculture during this difficult farm economy, Farm Credit developed training materials focused on mental health and stress management.
Click here for this free Rural Resilience training.
This free Rural Resilience online course, open to the public, is made possible by grant funding from Farm Credit. The program will help participants develop the skills to:
- Understand sources of stress,
- Learn the warning signs of stress and suicide,
- Identify effective communication strategies,
- Reduce the stigma related to mental health concerns and
- Connect farmers and ranchers with appropriate mental health and other resources.