Commitment to Privacy
Security of Personal Information
We maintain strict security standards and procedures to protect your privacy and help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. We also incorporate physical and electronic safeguards and make every effort to protect the security of personal information. Our Services are hosted on secure servers. Any information collected by us is stored in private files behind a firewall designed to protect confidential information by denying unauthorized access by unauthorized users.
We have policies and procedures in place to govern the proper handling of information and train our employees on their responsibility to protect confidential information. We restrict access to your information only to those employees with a “need to know” basis.
We may use third party suppliers and/or service providers to facilitate our Services. We do not authorize these suppliers or service providers to retain, disclose or sell information we collect from our customers and users to other unaffiliated third parties.
Information We Collect and Methods of Collection
We may collect several categories of information from and about users of our Services, that identify, relate to, describe, reference, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular customer or device (“Personal Information”) In the last twelve months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information:
|Category||Examples of Information Under this Category (*Not all of this information is collected by Yosemite Farm Credit)||Whether this Information is Collected|
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statue (Cal. Civ. Code section 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information or health insurance information.||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California law or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health or exercise data.||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement.||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.W. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part99)||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||We collect some Personal Information within this category.|
Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information, or other information specifically exempted by statute (such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and other sector-specific privacy laws (including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, the California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994).
We collect the categories of Personal Information listed above both direct and indirectly from you and from various external parties such as affiliates, third parties and service providers.
Information You Provide to Us Directly
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, submitting an application for employment, whether on the website or via email, posting material, or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your transactions. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
- Your search queries on the website.
- Any other information you provide to us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
If you send us information in regard to employment with our company, we only use such information for the purpose for which you have submitted it to us. We may add this information to our Human Resources database, but this information will not be used for marketing or promotional purposes. You may opt out of having your e-mail address and other information added to our Human Resources database by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses provided below in the Contact Information section.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs.) that could permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not use automated technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Security and Intrusion Detection
To ensure the security and availability of the Yosemite Farm Credit owned and managed websites, we use a trusted service provider. The service provider employs several solutions to monitor and identify unauthorized attempts to access or damage websites. Unauthorized attempts to access, alter, or damage this Website are strictly prohibited, and may be punishable under law.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Although we have endeavored to create a secure and reliable website for users, and will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Information, transmissions made on the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure from being read or monitored by outside parties. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet, and we will have no liability for disclosure of your Personal Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of outside parties. When you transmit your Personal Information via the Internet you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Yosemite Farm Credit’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Yosemite Farm Credit about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. (For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process the transaction.)
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including, in response to any government or regulatory request.
- Consistent with State and Federal laws and regulations that may require us to disclose confidential information in certain situations. Such situations include requests from law enforcement agencies or criminal or civil legal proceedings. In addition, as required by federal laws targeting terrorism funding and money laundering activities, we collect information and take actions necessary to verify the identity of individuals and organizations with which we do business.
- To enforce or apply our Website Conditions of Use.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yosemite Farm Credit, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Disclosures Regarding Sharing Your Personal Information
Disclosures of Personal Information for A Business Purpose. We may disclose your Personal Information to a Third Party for a Business Purpose (as such terms are defined by California law). In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the categories of Personal Information described above to service providers, regulatory agencies, funding banks, loan sale and participant entities, and other affiliates for a Business Purpose.
Promotional Marketing, Targeted Advertising and Third-Party Advertising
Your e-mail addresses and Personal Information may be added to our Marketing databases and used for future marketing and/or electronic mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and other promotional information. If you do not want us to use, or share your Personal Information with third parties, for promotional marketing or targeted advertising purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses provided in the Contact Information section below.
Your Rights and Choices About Personal Information Under California Law
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and how to exercise those rights by submitting a consumer request (“Consumer Request”).
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that Yosemite Farm Credit disclose certain or all of the following information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive a verifiable Consumer Request, we will be able to disclose to you any of the following information if we have it:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collect about you.
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of Third Parties to whom we disclosed that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also may be called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purposes, we will provide you with two lists disclosing (if applicable):
- Sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any or all of your Personal Information that we collected from and about you, subject to certain statutory exceptions. Once we receive a verifiable Consumer Request, we will identify the Personal Information, confirm that you want that Personal Information deleted, and then delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may be unable to comply, or may deny, your deletion request if retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a product or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract(s) with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code section 1546 et. seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your legal rights regarding Personal Information, unless permitted by law. We will not take any of the following actions solely because you chose to exercise any of your legal rights regarding your Personal Information:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or service or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer financial incentives permitted by law. Any CCPA-permitted financial inventive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects.
- Other California Privacy Rights. California residents may also request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, use the contact information set forth below for general inquiries and requests.
How to Submit a Consumer Request
To exercise your access, data portability, and deletion rights, please submit a Consumer Request to the contact information below. The Consumer Request must describe the request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Please specify if your Consumer Request pertains to all specific pieces of your Personal Information, or only in general to the categories of Personal Information. You may only make a Consumer Request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period.
- How We Will Verify Consumer Requests. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your (or your minor child’s) behalf, may make a Consumer Request related to your (or your minor child’s) Personal Information. To designate an authorized agent, we will ask you to provide us with legal documentation (such as power of attorney documentation) or written permission and verify your identity, and the agent will need to verity their own identity with us.
We reserve the right to require you to provide additional information to enable us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom the Personal Information pertains in order to release the requested information to you (or your authorized agent). If you have an account with us, you will be asked to use the standard authentication procedures to access your account. If you do not have an account with us, you will be asked to verify certain pieces of Personal Information. We may also ask you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury regarding your identity. We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable Consumer Request does not require you to make an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable Consumer Request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
How We Will Respond to Consumer Requests. We endeavor to respond to verifiable Consumer Requests within forty-five (45) days after receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days) we will inform you of the reason and extension in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response(s) to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response(s) by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of the verifiable Consumer Request. If we deny (or cannot comply with) the Consumer Request, we will explain why. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Consumer Request unless such request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Links to Other Websites
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to or through the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Services’ features, register for the Services, use any of the interactive features of the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the addresses provided below in the Contact Information section.
International Transfers of Data
How to Correct Your Information
You may request modifications, corrections, and changes to your Personal Information stored on our databases, however, Yosemite Farm Credit may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Mail: PO Box 3278, Turlock, CA 95381
- Telephone: (209) 667-2366 or toll-free at (866) 837-1838
Last Modified December 20, 2019