Commitment to Privacy
Security of Personal Information
Subject to certain limited exemptions, the Farm Credit Administration regulations under which the Association operates prohibit Association directors or employees from disclosing information about applicants and borrowers that is not otherwise public information. Accordingly, we do not sell or trade our applicants’ or borrowers’ personal information to marketing companies, information brokers, or others. We hold your financial and other personal information in strict confidence.
We maintain strict security standards and procedures to protect your privacy and help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. We also incorporate physical and electronic safeguards and make every effort to protect the security of personal information. Our Services are hosted on secure servers. Any information collected by us is stored in private files behind a firewall designed to protect confidential information by denying unauthorized access by unauthorized users.
We have policies and procedures in place to govern the proper handling of information and train our employees on their responsibility to protect confidential information. We restrict access to your information only to those employees with a “need to know” basis.
We may use third party suppliers and/or service providers to facilitate our Services. We do not authorize these suppliers or service providers to retain, disclose or sell information we collect from our customers and users to other unaffiliated third parties.
Information We Collect and Methods of Collection
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, user name, password, financial information, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and/or other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, submitting an application for employment, whether on the website or via email, posting material, or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your transactions. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
- Your search queries on the website.
- Any other information you provide to us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
If you send us information in regard to employment with our company, we only use such information for the purpose for which you have submitted it to us. We may add this information to our Human Resources database, but this information will not be used for marketing or promotional purposes. You may opt out of having your e-mail address and other information added to our Human Resources database by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses provided below in the Contact Information section.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or through the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Services’ features, register for the Services, use any of the interactive features of the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the addresses provided below in the Contact Information section.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that could permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Security and Intrusion Detection
To ensure the security and availability of the Yosemite Farm Credit owned and managed websites, we use a trusted service provider. The service provider employs several solutions to monitor and identify unauthorized attempts to access or damage websites. Unauthorized attempts to access, alter, or damage this site are strictly prohibited, and may be punishable under law.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Although we have endeavored to create a secure and reliable website for users, and will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, transmissions made on the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure from being read or monitored by outside parties. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet, and we will have no liability for disclosure of your personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of outside parties. When you transmit your personal information you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Yosemite Farm Credit’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Yosemite Farm Credit about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including, in response to any government or regulatory request.
- Consistent with State and Federal laws and regulations that may require us to disclose confidential information in certain situations. Such situations include requests from law enforcement agencies or criminal or civil legal proceedings. In addition, as required by federal laws targeting terrorism funding and money laundering activities, we collect information and take actions necessary to verify the identity of individuals and organizations with which we do business.
- To enforce or apply our Website Conditions of Use.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yosemite Farm Credit, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Promotional Marketing, Targeted Advertising and Third-Party Advertising
Your e-mail addresses and personal information may be added to our Marketing databases and used for future marketing and/or electronic mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and other promotional information. If you do not want us to use, or share your personal information with third parties, for promotional marketing or targeted advertising purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses provided in the Contact Information section below.
International Transfers of Data
How to Correct Your Information
Upon a request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses provided below in the Contact Information section, we will provide you with a summary of any personal information submitted by you and retained by us. You may modify, correct, change, delete or update your personal record or request that your personal record be deleted from our databases. We will only send a summary of your personal record to the e-mail address on file for the visitor name associated with it. Yosemite Farm Credit may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Mail: PO Box 3278, Turlock, CA 95381
- Telephone: (209) 667-2366
Last Revised: April 2016